Thursday, December 12, 2019

Glitterati Creations- Glitter And UV Resin Inspiration, Lessons Learned

 Hi guys. if you hang around here or my YouTube channel, you will know, I have an addiction to sparkly powders, glitters and anything iridescent or holographic.
Below I  created a very short video sharing a lesson or two about working with UV resin and glitter. As well as showing a few of the sparkly creations using inexpensive molds from Bay.


Watch Below




Biggest Lesson Learned About UV  Resin
First of all, don't use opaque silicone molds with Uv resin and glitter. The mold needs to be able to allow ultraviolet  light through. Trust me, unless you are only using a wee bit of
colourant, you will be disappointed when you unfold  Over and over, I have had to reveal gooey, icky uv resin. This is even with mica powder. Only use a teeny bit and try it.
I do prefer epoxy resin because there are no disappointments when unfolding  Of course unless, you didn't mix it well enough.
What Are Some Of The Materials I Used from EBay (click item to go to the links)

A cute Pendant Mold
A Larger Dangle Mold
Mermaid Nail Art powders- white but change colour on black
Glow in the Dark Powders
The UV Resin I Used


Connect More


No comments: