Sunday, January 20, 2019

Learn With Me: Talking About Alcohol Ink And UV Resin Fun



 I love learning and lately I have been learning more and more about using Alcohol Inks.. The possibilities are many. Depending on the non pourous surface you apply them to, the way they work together is amazingly cool. Using acrylic paint most of my life as well as other paint types, alcohol inks are a completely different medium. Then encasing the alcohol ink piece in resin add even more neat dimension. Alcohol ink can be used in or on my fave, polymer clay. It can colour metals, glass, acetates, ceramic tiles - ny non porous surface. Yupo  paper has been mentioned often in tutorials I have watched. Sounds like a plastic light "paper." I want to try it soon, just costly. But above I used aluminium foil, so use what you want. Paper will just soak up the ink and it won't be the same experience.
48 Ferro Rochers were in this container. I  love those hazelnut delights. I love great containers too!

Thanks to Debbie Crothers (check out her great tutorials), I used a Ferro Rocher container's liner as a palette to pour some inkk into. She uses ice cube trays. Let it evaporate and then rubbing alcohol reconstitute it whenever you need them. Or I dipped my paint brush into rubbing alcolohol and it picked up the evaporated ink's pigment. Experiment. It isn't drippable like this but you can turn it back to that with enough alcohol.
Watch My UV Resin and Alcohol Ink Video Below

I have talked about this before....the UV resin from the easily recognized UV resin from China. The bottles I keep trying have basically no english on them. In the video above, I have come to more conclusions about this particular brand of resin. I tried a total of about four different bottles and all did the same thing. If I leave it in a mold away from UV light, it still hardens even if I let it sit awa from light. Thinking you have all this pot time or work time....nope, it just won't sit a  stay liquid like. So frustrating. But that is all I will say on that for now. Just watch the video for more thoughts on the topic.
Or you can buy a watercolour palette on Ebay and pour it into the compartments and let evaporate. I tried to label the colours.
If you want to help out feel free to check out these links and share em!
Love you all.
Anita


No comments: