Thursday, February 22, 2018

Polymer Clay Journey: Using The Stunning Nail Art Chrome Chameleon Mirror Powders


Hello everyone! Hope you're having a very creative day. This has been something I have wanted to share for along time. I was so excited to discover These powders on Ebay.ca, that I ended up ordering a little here and there - meant it took a while for them all to arrive. In fact, when I get crazy about a newly discovered art making medium like that, I ended up with doubles and extras. Which is fine, because a lot of them were more sample sizes anyway. And trust me, This powders And flakes Are just so stunning, You kind of want all that you can get - In every color that is.

Once again, The nail art world, Impacts the polymer clay world. As many polymer clay artists will tell you, worlds definitely collide when it comes to polymer clay surface techniques. If you saw my actual fingernails, Oh wait you can when you watch my videos, You will see Just how awful my fingernails are. So clearly I don't buy nail art "Stuff" For My actual nails.

These powders are called  mirror chrome powders, as well I've heard the term Chameleon used as well. The names may vary depending on who is selling them. As you will see in the video below, I have three of the same color, but each of them are a different "Powder." In fact one is an amazing Flake version, Another is a coarser grind called glitter powder (Reminds me of ultrafine glitter), And the other is the chrome powder (Reminds me of mica powder.) Now I do not think that These are mica powder based, If you know anything more about it please let me know. Because of the flake options, I think it might be synthetically made. Doesn't matter, There stunningly gorgeous.

Why So gorgeous? 
Because depending on how the light hits the surface, You actually have two colors in one. I did the best that I can, to show that in the video below. It's tricky trying to capture the amazing Effects With my camera, But I think you get the idea.

Watch now 
See Just How Stunning Chrome Powders Are On Polymer Clay


Here are a few links to get you started if you want to try them out:
Transparent Chamelon Flakes
Transparent Chamelon Powders
The White chrome Powders
Chamelon mirror  powders
Chrome Or Chameleon flakes
Chrome Holographic powders

HeArtfully Creating,
Anita

Subscribe! Like and Share!! (if you want of course :o)


"LIKE" HeArtfully Creating Here on FACEBOOK

Bergie Creation Shop Blog


A BERGIE CREATION - at Etsy, my handmade jewelry shop

 LIKE ABC On Facebook

ABC On Twitter

YOU Tube Channel

Pinterest


No comments: