Wednesday, February 27, 2019

Learn With Me - No Yupo? Creating A Substrate (surface) For Alcohol Inks

The past few weeks, I didn't have the ever popular Yupo "paper" and wanted to create a similar surface so I could use my alcohol inks. Yupo paper is not actually paper but polypropylene sheets that are nonporous. They are used a lot for alcohol ink painting. Now that I have tried the real thing, I can see why artists use it. Colours are bright and bold, no bleeding or absorbing, just pure pigment flow.

However, aside from being able to use alcohol inks on other nonporous substrates or surfaces, I thought hey, I can create a nonporous surface using my acrylic medium and/or gesso and such. Nonporous means a non absorbent ssurface so the inks can move and flow. You can see why when you put a drop on cardstock or paper, a porous surface and see how it wicks up the ink. The fun and beauty of alcohol inks is what the do when the meet each other. Far different than any paint I have ever worked with. Try it and you will see why this medium is so addicting!

Come see what I did and maybe you could use these ideas too.
Watch Tutorial Below


For more details and such, please connect to my creativity blog here https://heartfullycreating.blogspot.com
To connect more, check out:

No comments: