Monday, July 25, 2022

Re-Organizing My Watercolour Palette

 


It's Only been a few months or so of trying to learn more about watercolour (in Canada colour is spelled with a "u"). Have I created any masterpieces yet? Nope. Not sure if any of you can relate to this, but I have an issue with collecting (purchasing) and organizing art supplies. Especially if it is a new medium like watercolour or a few years ago, polymer clay. This includes learning about these palettes I never tried before. When I first tried watercolour about thirty years ago, there was no such talk about this method of watercolour painting. It was all about using paint fresh from the tube. Nothing about using individual half or full pan holders where the paint purposefully dries. Once that happens, you just re-wet the pigments and paint.

Apparently this method prevents wasting of watercolour paint. I have been learning to appreciate the ability to re-wet the paint and use it to create those masterpieces.

Watch Watercolour Palette 


 

This article is about re-organizing my new palette again. Trying to turn my 4 rows of pigment spots to 6 rows, eliminating the centre aisle. The idea to try this was from watching Kristy Rice videos. I noticed she has palettes packed full of paint colours. No need for a centre area. Will I finally get to painting with this variety of paints? Daniel Smith, VanGogh, Qor, Cotman, Winsor Newton and My handmade shimmer paints, Paul Ruben and M. Graham.



CONNECT On Social Media


Check Out My Dad's Art Work 
and New Art Note Cards that will soon be available to purchase

 

No comments: