Tuesday, August 18, 2020

Something New: Fountain Pens, The Beginning - Learn With Me


Hope everyone is having a great week so far. Been dabbling in a new, yet old art supply. Years ago I was blessed with taking calligraphy class in my hometown with my dear Grandma. Calligraphy is basically a fancy way of writing. This new experience is different for me because Idiscovered from watching a fun YouTube channel "Peter Draws." Where he teaches about and uses these new kind of fountain pens. When I used the Schaeffer kind for calligraphy, you had to replace the ink cartridges, which seemed annoying and not easy to get. As well the pen tips for calligraphy that I used had a bit of a wide flat tip. As well, I tried dip pens and India ink with a variety of speedball exchangeable tips. However, I found dip pens too messy. They always blobbed black ink and you had to keep dipping. Which is what fountain pen/quill pens started out as. In fact, you can still get tat kind. I tried drawing with the fine tip and it was always too scratchy as well.

But now....I was impressed watching Peter draw and explain that you now can buy pens that have a piston type reservoir and something called a converter that allows you too....well, take a watch and see below!


Remember to have fun. Be spontaneous with your design or plan it all out, it's up to you!

Connect More

No comments: