Tuesday, July 19, 2016

HOWARD THE TURTLE - Polymer Clay Unplugged - How To Make A Turtle Trinket Holder - Part 2

I know I keep changing my polymer clay segment titles, makes searching for it confusing. But I have a new title I like to hopefully, I will stick with POLYMER CLAY UNPLUGGED. On that note here is Part 2 of Howard the Turtle, Unplugged - the video.

Make The Most Out Of All "Oops!" Moments
Making Howard was a wonderful experience. I learned a lot and hope that you will try creating a critter for fun. If you haven't already :o) It never has to be "realistic." Have fun with all you make.
Creating should never be a chore or torturous. It relaxes me and brings a smile to my heart. However, I would be lying if I said every step of the way has been one big "Woo Hoo!" moment. As you can imagine the frustration did increase when I just couldn't get his shell to fit right no matter how many times and days I spent carving and reshaping things. But, it was all turned into a great learning experience and making a second shell was easier because I already knew how now.
So my "oops!" moments turned into Woo Hoo moments!
And making your characters fun or cartoon like, takes the pressure off worrying about realism. It did help me to at least look at photos of real turtles. I wanted him believable but not photo realistic. He is
supposed to make you smile.
Even if you plan on creating something to be a certain way and it doesn't go the way you planned, always problem solve. Make the best of every "mistake." In fact don't even consider them mistakes. Because if you modify whatever it is, to work out in a different way, it is no longer a mistake or flawed. It becomes just the way you wanted it to be!
I would love to hear from you if you have created character from polymer clay, or if you have ideas, questions, thoughts or feedback! Just write them in the comments below or down below the YouTube channel video.

HeArtfully Creating,
Anita










No comments: