Friday, August 24, 2018

A Share From ABC: A Closer Look at A Bergie Creation - TAZZIE- Resin Polymer Clay With Copper Tassel Earrings

Excited to share what I did with those beautiful resin cube beads that I made last winter. 
I am about to list my first pair of copper chain tassel earring!  (Here is my shop) Dangling tassels are so fun and definitely have been popular for the last few years or so. I am a wee behind on trends in fashion accessories, well any trends really. Inspired by some fine copper chain I found in my art making supplies. The links were too teeny to thread a clasp through so I thought, voila! What a great way to make tassels! Chain has great swing and movement. To take a super closer look, I made a video to watch at the top of the page.


On top of that, it was a great way to finally use my handmade resin cube beads. They were made using duo or two colour sparkling pigment flakes, from violet to turquoise blue green and the accent polymer clay beads, were coated with emerald green that transforms to a gorgeous violet hue. Inside these glass like resin cubes is a layer of brown mica powder and a thin undetectable layer of glow in the dark powder. Below are some pics that I originally took when I made the beads, showing the glow in the dark abilities! They need to be "charged" with sunlight or uv light before glowing. The glow doesn't last super long but still really fun.
 The ear wires were handformed and slightly hammered for texture. I love the whole look of these tassel earrings. Copper is a great metal and colour. These turned out so wee that I made another longer pair using my newest "fux" turquoise beads. Stay tuned to see them in my Etsy shop, A Bergie Creation.





Thanks for stopping by. 

To connect more, check out my Heartfully Creating's Facebook Group

"LIKE" HeArtfully Creating Here on FACEBOOK

A BERGIE CREATION - at Etsy, my handmade jewelry shop

ABC On Twitter

No comments: