Wednesday, January 24, 2018

STUDIO TALK: Art Supplies- Procrastinating and Swatching Alcohol Inks, Pens and Paints

Hi guys! First I want to apologize because I just noticed that I accidentally shared a post last night about my earring meant to be shared on my A Bergie Creation Shop blog. I will leave it, but  I was clearly on the sleepy side to mis-post that.
Art Supply Addiction?
Anyhoo, back to what I wanted to share. If you love creating, then you also may love art supplies!
oooooo.....art supplies. I do love using these gel pens.
Actually, I kind of like to collect art making supplies. This may be you too. I buy supplies thinking at the moment that I need that so I can use it for....(fill in the blank). So I buy whatever it is and often never end up using whatever it may be. Afterall, you never know right?

First I Must...
Have you ever set out to create, but then didn't start  creating because you got it stuck in your head that you just can't make anything until you re-organize your art supplies and/or studio first? Happens to me all the time. Nothing wrong with organizing your supplies or space but, it never ends up the way I said it would! All tidied up, re-sorted my tools and what not and the day is over with no art work.. Not even a doodle!
Pilot Retractable  Gel Pens
Well, one way to organize but at least create something, is to make swatches of some of those art supplies. Take a look and see. The gel pens from Pilot are one supply I do use. Gel pens normally frustrate me because they dry out. Because my hands are weak, I can't do the lid thing. So I found these great retractable gel pens that open and close with ust a click. Love them! Here are the swatches I doodled as I organized :o)
Adirondack Alcohol Inks
These inks are great for colouring polymer clay, metal and basically any surface- including your fingers! I did sample two Pinata alcohol inks that are metallics, silver and gold. Check out my swatch  blobs. You can make your swatches as neat and tidy as you want or be more organic and free form like I tend to be. Take a look.

How do you organize your pens, paints, inks and such?
Do you collect Art Supplies?
What are your top three art supplies?
My "Artistic" Ink Swatches   


Pinata Ink -Gold And Silver (Shake First!)


Lumiere Metallic - Jewel Colours Decorative Paints
I bought a sample set of these beautiful paints to use with my polymer clay pieces. To have a visual record of their beauty, I blended colours into each other. The metallic paints. inks and clays are so beautiful. I adore glitter and anything that sparkles and glistens.
Remember to shake or stir all thinks metallic because usually there are Mica particles that settle to the bottom.







What's your Answer? 
I would love to hear. Just answer below in the comments or come join us at HeArtfully Creating Group and/Or Page.

How do YOU organize your pens, paints, inks and such?
Do you Like to collect Art Supplies?
What are YOUR top three art supplies?

HeArtfully Creating,
Anita

Subscribe! Like and Share!! (if you want of course :o)

"LIKE" HeArtfully Creating Here on FACEBOOK

Bergie Creation Shop Blog

A BERGIE CREATION - at Etsy, my handmade jewelry shop

 LIKE ABC On Facebook

ABC On Twitter

YOU Tube Channel

Pinterest

No comments: