Saturday, January 20, 2018

Art Making Time: Custom Art Cards - How I Made Dad's 70th Birthday!

Yes, I have been sharing a lot of two dimensional polymer clay pieces lately. Makes sense because I love creating with that medium. Since HeArtfully Creating is all about Creativity in multidisciplinary areas, I do tend to focus on what I love doing the most at the time.
Well, yesterday, I was looking through old videos I had made hoping to make an advice/ tutorial type piece. It is pretty common to collect footage of so many ideas, that build and build and before you now it, you can't keep up. So it all gets shelved until five years later. So here is my recent discovery. Art advice and tutorials thankfully, are timeless and have value.
Here is a ten minute video about how you can make an effective personalized greeting card. This one was for my Dad's 70th (He is about to turn 75!) These days I have been working in digital format, so this video is all about making art the old fashioned way, fine tip marker, copic markers, pencil, illustration board and my old favourite, PRISMACOLOR Colored pencils.

Hope you learn a bit about what makes a personalized custom greeting card special. To give credit where credit is due, It was my sister Teresa, who first asked me decades ago, to start making custom cards. She gave me the ideas and I drew them on cardstock or board. People would often tell me that they framed their cards. Can't get more special than that.

Come and join my HeArtfully Creating Group on Facebook.
Here is where you can show us your original artwork, questions and thoughts here. There is a guideline page.
Watch The Video Below!

HeArtfully Creating,
Anita

Subscribe! Like and Share!! (if you want of course :o)

"LIKE" HeArtfully Creating Here on FACEBOOK

Bergie Creation Shop Blog

A BERGIE CREATION - at Etsy, my handmade jewelry shop

 LIKE ABC On Facebook

ABC On Twitter

YOU Tube Channel

Pinterest

No comments: