Wednesday, November 22, 2017

Polymer Clay Journey: Solution Time- Capping My UV Resin Bottle!

The Precision Tip Cap Solution
It's problem solving time! Recently I received a bottle of UV Resin from a place online recommended by The Polymer Clay Tutor, Cindy. A large bottle came with a small precision tipped bottle. I poured some resin into the precision tip bottle. Because I Know that Lights can cure UV resin, I wrapped the little bottle in masking tape. I'm assuming that was Not needed, After all the company that sent the bottle Would have Sent a safe one. Oh well, It's covered in tape now. Yes, It does may looks a little silly. I'd be curious to hear for anyone who may Have received the same kind of bottle. The first time I had ordered it, Bottle was black. 

But I digress. The precision tip bottle Is great for those tiny areas. However, I don't use up all that in the bottle But there's no lid. What does that mean? It is solution time! Ever have one of those moments where the lightbulb literally goes off in your head? Or so it would seem. Well, I snapped a toothpick and Put the pointy end into the precision tip - And woo hoo, it fit! Except I do find a way To not lose the tiny toothpick tip. So how do I solve this issue? Why was polymer clay of course!
I put the tip into the hole, That made a teeny ball of clay and Formed it around the broken end of the toothpick. Carefully removed it. Baked it and voila. a teeny precision tip cap was made.

Literally, it is a small thing but, it is a big thing to protect and contain the precious resin. 

So I know this isn't a creative type post,  but I thought Someone else out there With some polymer clay, May have a precision tip bottle in need of a cap. Hope this idea sparks More ideas.
The tiny toothpick tip






No comments: